- Case Management
- Home and Personal Care Assistance
- Medical Equipment Loan Program
- Transportation Program
- Caregiver Programs
- Information and Referral
- Supportive Services Program
Some of these services are funded, in part, by the Los Angeles Area Agency on Aging through the Older Americans Act of 1965, as amended.
- Blood Pressure Screenings - Wednesdays and Tuesdays 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Annual Flu Shots Influenza Immunizations (October)
- Sponsored by: LA County Health Department
- Health Lectures and Screenings
- Dental Screenings
Daily Nutrition Program
Meal Program for Seniors
Adults 60 years and older are welcome to enjoy hot nutritious meals.
Monday-Friday at 11:30 a.m.
$2.25 ages 60 and over
$4.25 ages 59 and under
Provided by SASSFA
Home Delivered Meals
Home delivered meals are available for homebound qualifying Norwalk Seniors age 60 and older. For meal delivery information, please call SASSFA at (562) 699-3231 ext. 22
Immediate Needs Taxi Coupons
Norwalk residents 50 years of age or older may be eligible to receive free Taxi Coupons each month. Click here [PDF] for program info or contact the front desk at the Senior Center for further info. Eligibility requirements apply.
The Norwalk Senior Center offers a wide range of education opportunities in a variety of categories.
- Exercise and Fitness Program
- Decorative and Fine Arts
- General Education
The City of Norwalk also provides classes through the Parks and Recreation Department for Seniors.
(Many classes offered by the Norwalk/La Mirada Unified School District and Cerritos College.
Call the Senior Center for a current listing.)
- Cards and Games
- Monthly Dances
- Tours Program with exciting and fabulous trips
- Bingo: sponsored by the Norwalk Senior Citizens' Center, Inc. (nominal fee)
- Arts & Crafts
- Wii Game Nights
- In Home Supportive Services
- AARP Driver Safety Program